“FDNY v6” for the iPhone
• Displays your schedule for the next six years (continuously), including vacations and holidays.
• Customized for FD New York City, but can handle arbitrary patterns.
• Records mutuals (swaps, trades). Tracks hours earned or owed on a person-by-person basis.
• Formats emails for sending out mutual offers and approval requests.
• Maintains a record of your overtime hours.
• Tracks your vacation time: automatically computes hours earned and shows weekly balances.
• Logbook for recording personal time, sick time, etc.
• Integrated Apple iCal events.
• Overlays an entirely separate schedule for your spouse/partner to help you coordinate your lives.
• Adjustable colors for shifts, vacations, Kelly days, holidays, etc.
• Text and color markers for special days such as Kellys, paydays, “early” shifts, or training days.
• Countdown to retirement.
iPhone and iPod touch -- OS 13.0 or later.
FDNY version 6 is a totally new update from version 5. Version 1 appeared in 2010.
Visualize Your Shift Schedule
If your schedule varies from week to week, keeping track of your working days can be a chore, and it’s often difficult to quickly figure out when you’ll be on-duty weeks or months in the future.
Scheduler to the rescue! Designed for public-service employees such as police officers, firefighters, and health-care workers — anyone who works an unusual but predictable schedule — Scheduler always shows your schedule for the next five years from “today.” Common shift schedules are built-in, such as the “Berkeley” (a.k.a. “California”), “48-96” and “Dupont,” but you can easily change them or create any other repeating pattern covering any number of days. See the screenshots for some examples. And there’s a “Doofus” mode for showing irregular, unpredictable schedules.
If your spouse/partner also works a shift schedule, even if entirely different pattern from yours, you can see that rotation appear on calendar, too. This will help you organize family activities such as vacations and day-care.
The Buddy System, LLC